I don’t know about you, but lemonade is one of my absolute favorite beverages to sip, especially on a beautiful warm day like the ones we have been having. For those of you who know me, you know I love to use essential oils in everything; that is why my lemonade recipe is no exception.
Here is a recipe that will turn drinking lemonade into a relaxing and delicious experience!
- 5 cups of water
- ¾ cup of honey
- 1 cup of lemon juice
- 1 drop of Lavender Essential Oil (add more if needed)
- 2 drops of Lemon Essential Oil (add more if needed)
- 2 cups of ice (Optional)
- Heat 2 cups of water in a saucepan.
- Remove water from the burner and add honey. Stir the mixture until the honey has completely dissolved.
- Pour the water and honey mixture into a glass pitcher (avoid using plastic when cooking with essentials oil).
- Pour the lemon juice into the honey water and mix together.
- Add lavender and lemon essential oils and mix thoroughly.
- Add 3 cups of water to the mixture.
- Add ice to chill the lemonade or place in the refrigerator until chilled.
*Less is more with pure therapeutic grade essential oils. Start with 1-2 drops of each essential oil in the lemonade and taste. If you wish to add more of the lavender or lemon flavor, add an additional drop and taste until you reach the perfect flavor combination.*
Voila! A wonderfully refreshing twist to your lemonade recipe. Do you know what makes it even better? Lemon, lavender, and local honey have been known to reduce allergy symptoms! Who knew fighting off allergies could be so simple and delicious?
À la prochaine,
The Parisian Hostess